How to use Map Explorer…
What is Map Explorer?
The Map Explorer is unique to MindGenius and facilitates the navigation of large maps, allowing you to move quickly between the high level and detailed views of mapped knowledge, topics, projects, etc, without having to create a series of linked maps.
Where will I find Map Explorer?
Map Explorer is located in the Property Pane on the left-hand side of the MindGenius screen, below the File menu.
How best can I use Map Explorer?
The structure within Map Explorer is automatically created as you build your map. The structure within Map Explorer replicates the structure and hierarchy of the map.
Expand and collapse the sections to drill up and down through your map.
Selecting a branch topic in Map Explorer makes that branch the focus in the main window.
The map view changes to show a new map with the selected branch as the core, allowing you to focus and add further ideas knowledge and information.
What are the benefits of using Map Explorer?
- Allows you to focus on any area of your map
- Used to re-visit topics/ideas captured earlier
- Negates the need to pan around content
- Enables you to navigate around easily and manage complex topics and content
- Display succinct overview of content
- Valuable as a learning and revision tool
- Ideal for creating project structure (WBS)
- Provides space to add map content without getting lost in detail
- Aids understanding of any mapped content
- Use to present content to others directly from MindGenius
- Visually engaging and collaborative